FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Illusion for ae problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Pither
Particle Illusion for ae problem
on Apr 5, 2011 at 8:31:43 pm

Dear Sirs,
Having downloaded the trial version of Particle Illusion for ae everything went fine with the download but when I go to effects and then Wondertouch and the Emitter dialogue comes up I have a black screen with no default emitter even though I have the emitters installed. The emitters can be searched and fresh emitters from the library can be installed. I have tried to reload the trial version and also rebooted my system to no avail.

I am running Windows 7 32 bit with ae cs4.

Any suggestions please

Arthur

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Particle Illusion for ae problem
on Apr 5, 2011 at 9:05:55 pm

Are you saying the emitter selection dialog does not show any emitters -- the left window is empty? If so, click the "load library" button and choose the "Default.il3" file from Documents/wondertouch/Emitter Libraries.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Arthur Pither
on Apr 5, 2011 at 9:18:39 pm

Dear Alan,
Thank you for replying so promptly. I have emitters in the left hand panel and I also can search and get emitters in the right hand panel. This is no problem. The black panel in the middle has no default emitter, it only shows what looks like a grey (gray) small oval in the centre that does not move at all.

Arthur

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Apr 5, 2011 at 9:39:46 pm

If you check/uncheck the "enabled" checkbox, does that make a difference? What about when you change the color from "black" to grey or white -- does the window change colors?

You should be able to click and drag around in that preview window too -- see if that does anything. Try the zoom level too.

If nothing works, then it must be an OpenGL problem. Did you say you already installed the latest video drivers for your card? If not, do that.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Arthur Pither
on Apr 6, 2011 at 5:41:04 am

Dear Alan,
Many thanks for you time and effort. I tried what you suggested and finished up with the OpenGL problem. I went to Nvidia and downloaded the latest drivers. All is fine and working correctly.

Many thanks

Arthur

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]