FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with resizing windows (artifacts)

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Shapiro
Problem with resizing windows (artifacts)
on Mar 31, 2011 at 5:25:49 am

I originally had an ATI Radeon HD 5850 graphics card, but I was having trouble with two software programs with it. One was e-on software's Vue and the other is particle Illusion. With pI, whenever I would resize any of the window panes within the program, it would leave "video echos" or artifacts and would leave part of the original window size where it was before I resized it. (So it would create a double or triple border for one window pane)

I changed video cards to a GeForce GTX 460, it solved those problems, but it also caused my computer to crash at least once a day, especially when playing videos. I tried everything, including updating all the latest drivers, setting my BIOS to the factory settings (No overclocking), but I still wasn't able to figure out why I kept getting the BSOD.

So now I switched back to the Radeon 5850, and I still have the same problems with those two software programs.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, any known work-arounds (besides buying a new card - which I can't afford right now)

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,
Lee

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Problem with resizing windows (artifacts)
on Mar 31, 2011 at 11:47:02 am

That's a redraw problem, and is a video driver issue for sure.

If the latest drivers for your Radeon don't fix it, then try a slightly older driver. You want to use the latest non-beta driver that's available.

To confirm it's a driver issue, use the particleIllusion "run with software rendering" Start menu option.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]