FORUMS: list search recent posts

Masks not working properly

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolf Tombe
Masks not working properly
on Mar 6, 2011 at 2:35:23 am

I've seen several examples of Particle Illusion in action online and believe it to be a great tool from what I have seen others do with it. I've downloaded the trail version of PI and I'm trying to learn how to use it by following a couple of the tutorials (Star Trek Transporter and Orbing/Beaming effects). I must admit that I'm struggling to come up to speed with PI as I'm accustomed to Adobe Premier Pro and Effect Effects. Some of the things mentioned in the tutorials are not working as depicted when I try to replicate the results. Mostly this seems to be with regards to confining the particles to masks. I've followed the directions exactly as in the tutorials and help file (including creating and using an Alpha Channel image with white mask taken from a frame of my video) but no matter what I do the particles don't adhere to the mask or work correctly. Is there a more comprehensive step by step guide somewhere?

Return to posts index

Wolf Tombe
Re: Masks not working properly
on Mar 6, 2011 at 10:11:17 pm

Okay, I was able to create the effect I wanted; but I had to use the masking feature within After Effects to do it. The final effect can be seen here:

While I'm happy with the results (which I could not have done without Particle Illusion) I would still like to know how to get this done using the PI software itself as I suspect it would be a lot easier to accomplish. Never the less, this has demonstrated the value of purchasing the PI software which I will do before the trail elapses.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Masks not working properly
on Mar 7, 2011 at 1:36:44 pm

particleIllusion's blockers are very crude compared to what's available in AE, so you're probably better off doing the masking as you did.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]