FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD in Particle Illusion SE

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony McDermott
HD in Particle Illusion SE
on Feb 8, 2011 at 8:01:28 am

Hi, I have been asking around everywhere for a long time now, trying to find out how I edit WMV HD 1080p files. My computer is a: Dell Inspiron 1545. Could you perhaps send me a video showing you getting a WMV HD 1080p video file and then putting a normal emitter on it in SE and then exporting it as the exact same file but with the emitter. If you do not wish to a video then please tell me If my laptop resolution is good enough ETC, Because If I cannot do HD then I have no need for particle Illusion...

Thanks!
Tony McDermott,

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: HD in Particle Illusion SE
on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:20:47 am

If you want to do 1080 HD with SE then your laptop resolution needs to be higher than 1920 x 1080 -- which is doubtful. If you want to do 720 HD, then it must be higher than 1280 x 720.

If this is not the case, then you can't use SE because it needs a visible window to render into (3.0 has a standalone renderer that doesn't have this limitation)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Tony McDermott
on Feb 28, 2011 at 10:41:57 am

So if I got 3.0 my laptop would not limit me to non HD?
(sorry im not that technical)
:)

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 28, 2011 at 3:44:16 pm

It shouldn't limit you, but download the demo version of 3.0 and give it a try. Without fully-supported OpenGL hardware, it may not work either. The demo is the only way to know.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Tony McDermott
on Feb 28, 2011 at 5:10:45 pm

I have downloaded the demo, but it has still done the same thing, can you give me some directions on what to do in the software or can i not do HD?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 28, 2011 at 5:12:59 pm

When you use pI3 and have a stage size that is larger than what can be rendered in pI3 itself, pIRender is launched.

Make sure your stage size is set to the output size you want, and that you have stage zoom set to 100%. If you have both of those things set correctly, it will work.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Tony McDermott
on Mar 1, 2011 at 8:18:07 am

Ok, I opened up the demo, double clicked on the add layer part (where you add what you want to put effects on) I then changed the "prefrences" and "Project settings to 1920x1080 but it still said, all the stage is not the same size as etc.. the file i chose was 1080p Hd though..?

Return to posts index

Tony McDermott
on Mar 1, 2011 at 5:40:28 pm

I mean 1440 x 1080.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]