FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI crash

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart Bourke
PI crash
on Feb 5, 2011 at 12:08:49 pm

I know the support desk is closed at the weekend so am posting here in case anybody could help me.

I recently purchased PI, having been working with the trial version - and inslatted it during the week.

Unfortunately whenever I use most of the emitters in a poject it crashes. If I open PI and let it sit there it is fine.

But when I add any emitters within a minute I get the 'send error report to Microsoft' dialogue. I had thought it was as a result of moving up to 3.0.4.2 but I copied my 3.0.4.1 backup backup and I am still getting the error.

My config is: PI 3.0.4.1 (or 3.0.4.2), Win XP SP3 3.5GH Ram, Pentium D 3.2Ghz

Thanks for any suggestions...

Stewart Bourke

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: PI crash
on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:19:27 pm

Try using "run with software rendering" in the Start - particleIllusion 3.0 - troubleshooting menu.

If that works, then it's a video driver issue, and you need to download the latest drivers from your card manufacturer's website. (It's almost always a video driver issue)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
Re: PI crash
on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:59:44 pm

Alan,

Again I apprecate the quick response.

For some reason, when I reformatted my machine last month, but it appears I had used from the original dell drivers disc.. apologies - I thought I had the latest. I have loaded them now and it has been running for about 20 minutes...

Thanks

Stewart Bourke

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]