FORUMS: list search recent posts

video

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mac Collins
video
on Jan 9, 2011 at 8:50:28 pm

So far this program has been a nightmare to figure out. It says it suports all formats of video. I can't get any video into this program to add effects to. When I try it will only show still pictures it won't find my videos.The only video I can find is an avi file and when I try to bring it into partical illusion it says it's an unsuported avi file. So how do I get video into this program????

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: video
on Jan 10, 2011 at 3:14:46 pm

Double click on a layer and follow the pop-up window...

Theo

Return to posts index

mac Collins
on Jan 10, 2011 at 3:19:59 pm

I've dome that hundreds of times! It won't find the videos and the one it does find is an avi which is a format that it is suposed to work with but I get a messege that says it's not a suported format.

Return to posts index

mac Collins
on Jan 10, 2011 at 3:48:14 pm

Let me take it a step further. The particle Illusion home page says this is a stand alone program that works with all video formats and all editing programs. Then as you read the instructions it says it only works with avi and wmv files im windows and quicktime on a mac. I'm using Pinacle software in windows. All my captured videos are in avi files. I'm making videos in wmv and rm formats. Partical illusion won't find the Avi's I've captured in my editing software and it won't find any of the wmv's I've made. I have discovered that I can find some avi videos in the shared video folder and bring those to partical illusion however when I add effects to the video and save it it is saved in some wierd pi3(I think) format. I can't bring that into my editing software to make it part of my video and I can't make a dvd or anything with it to recapture with the effects added so it just sits there in a useless file.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jan 10, 2011 at 5:45:07 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "won't find" your movies. If you point it to a folder that contains AVI files, it should at least let you choose them.

What is the exact error message you're getting when you choose an AVI?

The particleIllusion product pages say that it "works with any video editing or compositing application" -- not that it loads "any video format". If you can point me to the page that gave you the impression that it works with any video format that would be helpful as we'll need to review the text there.

Finally, what exact version number are you using? (Check the "about" screen for the exact version number and date). It's slightly possible you're using an old version.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

mac Collins
on Jan 10, 2011 at 11:37:25 pm

Sorry I don't remember where I read that it worked with all formats, maybe I mis read.

When i say it won't find videos I mean I was going to a pinacle folder where all my captured video is in avi format and when I opened the folder through PI it showed nothing inside. I can open that folder on my computer and play any of the videos with out trouble.

I have since found where all the videos are listed in a shared video folder and can now get them into PI.It was a huge pain as that is not where people using this software would normally think to look for their captured video.

I have also finally figured out how to save them in an avi form that I can bring back to pinacle but I have one last problem that I can't figure out. When I add the effect and go back to pinacle and edit it into my video when the effect footage stops and I edit back to the non effect video everything is a different size. It's like it was zoomed in during the effect and then suddenly goes back to regular view when the effect ends. How do I get the footage to match up?

Also I can't get wmv format to work. They don't show up in PI even in the shared video folder. When you click on the format to search for it doesn't even list wmv as an option.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jan 10, 2011 at 4:28:47 pm

The Windows version loads AVI and WMV only. The Mac version loads QuickTime only.

Is this particleIllusion 3.0 or SE? Mac or Windows?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]