FORUMS: list search recent posts

pI3 Windows -- anybody get the 3.0.4.2 update without problems?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
pI3 Windows -- anybody get the 3.0.4.2 update without problems?
on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:08:59 pm

I released the pI3 Win 3.0.4.2 (or 3.0.4b) update last week, but a few people contacted me with some problems after updating so I removed the update until I figure out what's going on.

Was anybody able to update to 3.0.4.2 *without* having any problems? You had 3.0.4.1 or whatever, then did a "check for updates", downloaded and installed 3.0.4.2, and was able to use particleIllusion afterwards *without having to activate again*?

I'm trying to determine if there is a fundamental issue here, or if it's limited to a few people.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
Re: pI3 Windows -- anybody get the 3.0.4.2 update without problems?
on Dec 13, 2010 at 11:04:08 pm

Was anybody able to update to 3.0.4.2 *without* having any problems? You had 3.0.4.1 or whatever, then did a "check for updates", downloaded and installed 3.0.4.2, and was able to use particleIllusion afterwards *without having to activate again*?

Alan,
I did the above on my main desktop computer running XP and my laptop running W7 without any problems about activation. In truth, I have not started any projects with the new version.

Bob

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Dec 13, 2010 at 11:22:22 pm

As long as pI3 ran a couple of times after the update, it doesn't matter how much you did with it.

Anybody else?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Hung Nguyen
on Dec 16, 2010 at 3:48:40 am

PI 3.0.4.2 runs fine on my PC with Intel i7 & Windows 7 64 bits. The activation window popped once, It was probably due to the update. I clicked activate and everything is fine with my recent project. I don't have an earlier project to try.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:49:49 am

Alan? I have version 3.0.4.1 (Windows). I just opened up Pi, and having an Internet connection running, the only update I got - nice! - was the emitters for this period.

FYI I was not informed of this latest Update of 3.0.4.2 and haven't moved further forwards to test anything.

Does this help?

Grazie

Return to posts index

Lon Waitman
on Dec 29, 2010 at 3:49:46 am

With 3.0.4.2, I am not able to see previews for the various emitter libraries like I used to (when I am searching among the various libraries, looking for one to open).

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
on Dec 31, 2010 at 3:42:09 pm

FWIW: I updated to 3.0.4.2 on both a 32 bit XP system and a 64 bit Win7 laptop at the same time. On the XP system I get the little thumbnails pics of the selected library. On the Win7 system - nothing more that the library name. I am new to Win7 so it may be a setting I have missed.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]