FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Damaged. (Is another copy already running?) Norton quarantined the orig update run

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Diederich
File Damaged. (Is another copy already running?) Norton quarantined the orig update run
on Dec 10, 2010 at 11:54:56 pm

My Norton 2010 anti-virus quarantined the installation of updates particleIllusion 3.0.4.b and pIllusionRender 3.0.7.a during the update process. As a result I cannot rerun the update after I disabled Norton. I tried renaming dirs under the Updates dir under both Program Files and Documents and Settings dir, but with no success. How can I clean up the bad install so I can reinstall the updates?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: File Damaged. (Is another copy already running?) Norton quarantined the orig update run
on Dec 11, 2010 at 4:20:17 pm

I'm looking into why this is happening with 3.0.4.2.

Check the following folder, as backup copies of the exes are made:

Documents/wondertouch/particleIllusion_3/Updates

Then you just need to copy the appropriate backup exe to your particleIllusion 3.0 program folder, and rename it to "particleIllusion.exe". Same for pIRender.

If that doesn't work or you can't find the files or this was too confusing, just download the 3.0.4.1 update installer from our website and run that. It will restore 3.0.4.1.

I've removed the 3.0.4.2 update from the server, and will replace it when I have fixed the problem.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]