FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loopable Snow effect

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jane Jermy
Loopable Snow effect
on Dec 6, 2010 at 8:31:05 pm

Hi
I hoping someone can help me; I’m new to using Particle Illusion and still trying to find my way around some of its features.
This is where I’m hoping someone can help me urgently. I’m currently making a video for my Autistic son about the history of Christmas which he is going to narrate. I’m using a combination of, Adobe Photoshop, Vegas video and Particle Illusion.

I’ve made all my own backgrounds to add to his video but the one problem I’m having is making a loopable snow effect within partical illusion, every time I make it there seems to be a very small jump when I stretch the video file within Vegas Video. I realize now that the file is not loopable but no matter how hard I try I can’t seem to make a snow effect loopable can anyone help? It would honestly be of great help if you can, or if you can help or can direct me to someone who knows how to make a realistic loopable snow effect. Also if you have any nice snow emmiters that you may want to share that would also be of great help.
I look forward to hearing from anyone soon.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope I have not disturbed you by asking for help.

Jane Jermy

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Loopable Snow effect
on Dec 7, 2010 at 9:57:55 am

Since you are working with Vegas, I want to draw your attention to solveyour problem in an easy way without the use uf PI:

When you install the trial version of Any FX (from pixelan), you get some effects for free (even if you don't buy Any FX). One of those free effects is SNOW!

http://anyfx.info/filters/simulation/snow/snow.htm

Theo

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
on Dec 7, 2010 at 1:59:59 pm

If you render out your snow sequence to an .avi file (with transparency), why don't you just repeatedly add the snow clip end to end on a new video track above your main video?

Bob

Return to posts index

Jane Jermy
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:07:37 pm

Thank you so much for the help..that sounds great I will try that now... I didnt know about AnyFX I have other plugins from them and find them very useful so adding another to my collection will be great... thanks again for the advice.

Jane x

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Dec 7, 2010 at 2:18:55 pm

There's no "loop creation" function in particleIllusion so you'll have to do the crossfade trick, where you take two copies of the same clip (in Vegas), offset one in time, then fade them into each other.

To find snow emitters, use particleView (installed with particleIllusion), open the search window (press S) then type "snow". If you have all of the emitter libraries installed you'll find several.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Jane Jermy
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:11:38 pm

Thank's to everyone for their help...
Jane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]