FORUMS: list search recent posts

Library Back-Ups

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Blawat
Library Back-Ups
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:06:09 pm

Alan,

Just so I understand better, pi3 automatically makes backups of any library that is edited? The backups are basically .bak files. I'm assuming that if something goes terribly wrong with a library, I should be able to copy this "backup file" and copy it back to the emitter folder and then rename the extension from .bak to .il3 ?

Thanks,

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Library Back-Ups
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:23:17 pm

Yes. I would also recommend making copies (backups) of your libraries once in a while anyway, as the automatic backups may get overwritten if you edit libraries a lot.

Personally I don't edit libraries too much -- I edit emitters on the stage, then add them to a library. I don't typically change emitters after they're in libraries, but I can see why you'd want to.

On a related note, the "library backups" folder can get pretty large, as it keeps 10 (or however many you specify) copies of every library you edit. You may want to clean this folder out once in a while.

Also, there may be some libraries in there that have strange names, like 107cancel35.il3_xxxxx.bak or 228cancel75.il3_xxxxx.bak. You can delete those at any time.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:33:26 pm

Thanks Alan!

That was the information I was looking for.

Just curious, do you know if an updated FAQ will be posted on the Wondertouch website with some of the more asked questions? I did a search regarding this Library backup on the forums before posting this, but did not see a clearly written answer like the one you just provided.

Thanks again Alan, and as always you are most helpful.

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:35:43 pm

Since you're the first one to ask about this in a couple of years (or more), I wouldn't consider it a FAQ. =)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:39:15 pm

ok, good point! ;-)

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved