FORUMS: list search recent posts

Request for monthly Emitter Themes

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Cooper
Request for monthly Emitter Themes
on Nov 16, 2010 at 7:15:42 am

To the PI team:

I have been using PI for years and use it almost every week and sometimes every day.

What about user requests for monthly partcle themes. In emitters_10_05 there we find some animated animals which I love. In other libraries I have moving grass and trees which are usefull along with cosmos and daisey's. We have so many fire, smoke to bubbles etc. I have "Pauls Emitters" that I downloaded from his site that have animated birds, bats and flies. The PI team must getting bored making another fire and smoke library so I would like to make a suggestion that the users suggest/request or offer emitter themes. This would really enhance PI library scope. I would like to see more birds and other flying creatures.

Cheers Craig

Peace Talks Hamper War in Middle East

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Request for monthly Emitter Themes
on Nov 16, 2010 at 4:03:21 pm

I've said it before, but those emitters don't really rely on particleIllusion. They're special because they use complex animated image sequences for the particles. So what you're really asking for is a bunch of new animated images, which we just don't have the experience or time to create.

The reason there were horses, birds, and other animals in that library was that a particleIllusion user donated his time and effort to create them for the pI community.

It's a simple matter to swap out an existing particle image for another one in an emitter, so if you can find other animated sequences of a bird flapping, you can take the existing bird flock emitter and change it to use the new image.

As much as I'd love to create a bunch of image sequences for this sort of thing, it's just not my area of expertise. Also, the majority of particleIllusion users are not looking for more flocks of birds or herds of animals emitters.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]