FORUMS: list search recent posts

My video upload in limbo?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Burak
My video upload in limbo?
on Sep 20, 2010 at 6:11:10 pm

I uploaded a video and, I don't know if it is gone or the moderators stil have it...any Ideas?

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
Re: My video upload in limbo?
on Sep 26, 2010 at 11:37:59 am

It could be that there was an upload error OR Creative Cow decided it didn't comply with something.

My understanding is that it's not the moderators of the individual forums (who are usually application-related people that do the technical and language, etc. moderating): it's the core tech staff of Creative Cow.

The CC staff can at times be rather strict about things, and so something totally innocent and legit may be removed for some unknown or even seemingly "What the...?" reason. So don't take it personally.

What I would suggest is that you try again.
Or use the "L" code to make a link to the video hosted elsewhere, i.e. YouTube, etc.

Just be mindful of the oversight here: they don't take kindly to spam, inappropriate content, etc.

Return to posts index

Max Burak
on Sep 26, 2010 at 5:48:22 pm

Thank you for replying...I had totally forgot that i even made a post.

STRICT??? You are not kidding. I uploaded a rap video. The video is a Post-production 2K HD Render for internet and local viewing. The video shows how you can view 2K video without any dramatic hardware investment. I have been devoting my time to creating 2K HD so ordinary users can view. Accidentally, I stumbled on a way to scale down -- without compromising the quality -- the bit rate and file size by 1 tenth. Pretty Awesome. It takes serious focus and time, but I love it, so I am not complaining. EXCEPT, I do have problem when I put forth so much time and effort to publish my work(no charge), and it is blocked. Here is the email I got from the CC team:

"Thank you for your recent video submission. However, Creative COW is a PG rated site, and your video has R-rated language. Please re-edit using whichever method you choose to clean it up, then post it again. It is very good work, and we look forward to featuring it at that time."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Are you joking? I am not going to censor this video. This is not me performing. I am not going to ask my client if I can make a "M-TV" version so I can put it on this "Disney" site. They are a "PG rated" site ROTFL. They actually say, "...to clean it up." WTF do you think I did when I remastered it?

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant. I am just blown away. That is like saying, "We really enjoyed your movie, Mr. Scorsese. However, do you think you can re edit it with not curse words? Then we would be happy to feature Goodfellas." BTW, Martin Scorsese has been rated the number two director, behind Alfred Hitchcock, of all time.

Good Luck and Enjoy,

Max

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
on Sep 27, 2010 at 3:04:33 am

Some things you just have to live with. CC "moderating" has been discussed in various other editing forums elsewhere, and suffice it to say, some are far from flattering. But it comes down to dealing with what is.

In my case:

A few years ago, I had some run-ins with one of the guys at CC who is known for being, well, not the most accommodating person to put it mildly. I felt I was being reasonable and responsible (something I am in real life too), though in retrospect he also had some good points too. It's more the tone in which I was communicated to that seemed rude and defensive to me.

But in the end I had to decide to have access to being able to post here, communicate with Alan about PI, occasionally help others out, etc. -- or not.

So I just lay low and keep in mind that CC is CC and has its peculiarities. And/but in fairness, it is one of the veteran video and multimedia forum communities that appeared way before anyone else back in the '90s.

Would I prefer that PI would find another forum platform?
Sure, but that's GenArts and Alan's call, not mine.

For now, it's here, so I come here.

Bottom line: Life ain't perfect, nor are any of us. And there are always workarounds :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]