FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cleaning up PIs transparency feature

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Coleman
Cleaning up PIs transparency feature
on Sep 17, 2010 at 6:01:01 pm

Being a lazy human being, I would love it if I could get clean transparencies within PI without having to use other programs to fix. However, I have a nagging problem with jaggies at the edges of most of my transparencies. I have tried many remedies- changing transparency colors; using source images with clearly defined boundaries; even creating color swatches within images to sample for the color options within the transparency.

Can you believe it, I've even used emitters to blur the edges of images as a last ditch effort. So much for saving work...

It seems like there is either always a bit of color left over or I start to subtract from the non-transparent image.

Do I just need to bite the bullet and use alpha channels only? Create the video in PI and take out the background elsewhere? Am I just bumping into a limitation within PI?

Thanx.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Cleaning up PIs transparency feature
on Sep 17, 2010 at 8:19:48 pm

It sounds like you're painting a color in your images to use as the key color -- if you're doing that, why not just paint the mask and save it as alpha?

Use Alpha!

You're never going to get rid of the color fringing in particleIllusion. It's keyer is just too simple.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]