FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha and particle illusion

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Estes
Mocha and particle illusion
on Sep 7, 2010 at 7:23:31 am

Anybody exported tracking data from mocha to particle illusion.
Or syntheyes to particle illusion.
I can't get it to work either way.

Any help would save some hairs on my head.

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Mocha and particle illusion
on Sep 7, 2010 at 12:45:32 pm

Are you going through the clipboard (using AE format) or through a text file?

When you say "it doesn't work", what do you mean exactly? What are you doing, and what specifically is happening?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

John Estes
on Sep 7, 2010 at 3:53:18 pm

Sorry if I was too vague.
I am trying use motion tracking of an object in Mocha to allow insertion of a explosion on a building.
I am planar tracking building in mocha, track appears solid.
I am exporting solved tracking data to particle illusion via transform data in mocha copy to clipboard.
I am in particle illusion now, and I click at the first frame, to place an emitter and then right click on offset>import
Copy data from clipboard.

When I view the footage, the tracking data appears solid for a while then starts suddenly jumping around.

My main issue is trying to get the layer offset in particle illusion to keep the explosion stationary. Maybe you could tell me your process for doing that? And I can go from there.

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 7, 2010 at 4:07:41 pm

If you take a look at the clipboard data (paste into a text file), does it have a section that contains "extra" information? pI3 is looking for very simple data, and if there's more complex data there that may be where things go wrong.

What if you do a very small track... like 30 frames or less? Does it still work for a while then go bad in pI3? If so, paste the clipboard data in a post here so I can see all of it.

Can you track a point with Mocha instead? (I'm not familiar with it)

What about using AE's motion tracker -- does that work for you or does it have the same problem in pI3? (As a test)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

John Estes
on Sep 7, 2010 at 6:30:03 pm

Good Ideas I will try.
You are generally able to create a corner pin for export into After effects. I know it works for tracking an item ( say rocket as it flies)
But I am unlear as to how it works to create a stationary effect within motion tracked footage.

I have just used the tracking in mocha as an offset in particle illusion.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for the help. I can post some footage for you to.

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]