FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI 3: Minimized/Off-Screen Rendering = No-Go?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Knight
PI 3: Minimized/Off-Screen Rendering = No-Go?
on Aug 27, 2010 at 5:45:15 am

Hi Alan,

Issue:

Unless the window of PI 3 is always on top on desktop, the in-program render gets interrupted if even a milli-sliver of another app is in front of PI. Unlike Vegas, for example: it renders minimized or behind the window of another app.

99% of my exports from PI are .PNG sequences with alpha and black removed from RGB. Yes, PI Render does work in background mode, but only has AVI/WMV options and no RGB black removal.

--- Is this just the way it is or am I missing something here--i.e. some setting to allow PI to render in background mode too?

Thanks.

~ PK

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: PI 3: Minimized/Off-Screen Rendering = No-Go?
on Aug 27, 2010 at 2:14:31 pm

pIRender should have the same output options as pI3 does, so you are missing something.

But you're right that you can't minimize or cover the pI3 window during a render -- some video cards/drivers won't render what's not visible, and pI3 takes the stage window contents and writes them to file. So no stage window contents, nothing useful in the file.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
Re: PI 3: Minimized/Off-Screen Rendering = No-Go?
on Aug 27, 2010 at 10:12:39 pm

OK, thanks for response. In the middle of a Vegas render so not wise to also fire up PI to double check PI render options right now.

Is it my imagination or does PI Render work faster than when rendering workspace window from PI proper (maybe because of being closer to a command prompt type coding?)

Probably not, but let me know anyway for I tend to do rather complex/nuanced exports from PI and if PI Render is a bit faster, it would save some time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]