FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering From PI to Sony Vegas zooming Problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ali bazzi
Rendering From PI to Sony Vegas zooming Problem
on Jun 5, 2010 at 6:37:53 am

1-I Rendered out a clip from Vegas
2-I Imported it as a background into pI.
3-I Added particle effects,and then rendered from PI.
4- I Imported it into Vegas.

When I did that, the quality for the clip changed from higher resolution to lower resolution, also the zooming changed, so how can I fix that?
When I render a clip from PI, I want it to have the same settings as video I have in Sony Vegas (size/zooming/quality) ,so How can I do that?

Return to posts index

Peter Friend
Re: Rendering From PI to Sony Vegas zooming Problem
on Jun 6, 2010 at 4:34:15 am

You say the 'zooming' changed, which makes me strongly suspect that either the image size or the pixel aspect ratio didn't match between the two applications, therefore Vegas is now attempting to intelligently resize it when you reimport the resulting footage. When you now go into Crop and Zoom, does it show that not all the image is being displayed?

Return to posts index

Lee Brennan
on Jun 7, 2010 at 1:24:35 am

Hi,
If you are working with widescreen you need to find the square pixel equivalent in PI. Do a search in this forum under "Widescreen". Pi only supports square pixels. When you pull your clip back into Vegas right click it, choose Properties-Media-then in the drop down menu change it to 1.2121 NTSC DV widescreen and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 8, 2010 at 9:54:20 pm

Also, if you're going back into Vegas (or any other video editing or compositing app), this will be the best way to work most likely:

1) Use clip in pI for reference only.
2) When ready for final render, turn off bg image so particles only render
3) render with alpha (transparency)
4) bring rendered particles into Vegas for compositing on your original footage.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:33:18 pm

All the above suggestions. I use Vegas 8 and do as Alan said. Advantage:

-- By using a clip for reference only, you can have BK file with lighter footprint in PI (higher compression, more realistic work speed). A BK file doesn't have to be good, just good enough.

-- Importing particles-only back into Vegas (I use PNG sequence) gives you more tweaking capability. It's rare that I don't do some Color Correction or even slight sharpening in Vegas so as to give the particles just a bit more snap and crackle.

Sure importing particles-only in Vegas it's an extra step, but well worth it. I wouldn't ever do it any other way.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 20, 2010 at 4:58:02 am

I only use Vegas. I agree with all of the above, and use Lagarith as my preferred rendering option. It works a treat, but I do need to tell Vegas to recognise the Alpha channel, which is done through the Event Properties control.

Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]