I have worked with Particle Illusion on a PC for a few years now.
I am looking into the MAC demo for home use, but have noticed the particles and emitters do not update in realtime on the MAC version when editing a parameter.
- Place an emitter from the library on stage.
- Start playback with timeline looping on.
- Everything at this point is playing smooth and looping.
- I click and hold on one of the parameters function curves points to edit something (like scale, emission angle... etc) the emitter stops running and all particles freeze. - (if I do not continually move the mouse around.)
- When the mouse click is released the particle system starts running again.
- The same example on a PC results in continuos emission and playback, even if I am not moving the mouse around.