FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible virus

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Hayden
Possible virus
on May 3, 2010 at 1:37:17 am

I have been using particle illusion without a problem for the last while and have received AutoUpdate for Emitter library without problem. But yesterday, I open the program and auto update, said there was a new application update available, which I have not downloaded yet within seconds of seeing that. I got a message from Microsoft security essentials saying that they had just caught a Trojan win 32/ Anomaly.gen!A and that the container file was E:\program file \ particleillusion 3.0\pillusionRender.exe->[EPO-V-0]. I'm just wondering. Has anyone else got a similar message. When receiving the update, I am trying to determine whether this was related to the program itself opening or somehow connected to the update notice either way. I'm hoping Microsoft security essentials has done its job
all the best Barry

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Possible virus
on May 3, 2010 at 1:44:31 pm

Are you saying that you've been running pI3 for a while now and never saw a notice of an update for pIR, but all of a sudden you did? Or is this a new install (or reinstall)?

We haven't released any updates for pIR recently.

I've just checked and no pIR updates are showing on my machine.

I think that MS security essentials is flagging a problem with the pIR update, but I don't think there is one.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Barry Hayden
on May 3, 2010 at 3:51:44 pm

Hello
I have Particle illusion installed close to two months. I have received. I think two Emitter library updates. So far, two days ago, I see an application update for pIllusionRender 3.0.7 at that moment of receiving that automatic update. Microsoft security essentials popped up and quarantined a Trojan originating from a particular illusions file folder. Anyway, if you could confirm that there has been no update to pIllusionRender 3.0.7 made available by yourselves. I can only assume that the auto updater is trying to up date from a rogue site, which it sees as being the Wondertouch site. I won't be installing any updates for the emitter library or application for the moment. And I think it might be best if I also switch off, if possible auto updates until we understand what's going on. I am no expert by any means. So this problem might also be caused by something just on my computer. But it might also be a good idea to e-mail your user list and tell them to turn off automatic updates.
All best for now

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 3, 2010 at 4:23:11 pm

The other possible explanation is that your "check for updates" was not working correctly (being blocked by firewall perhaps?) until just recently.

Do you already have pIRender 3.0.7? (Run it and check the version number -- click the "?" button at the bottom when it's running)

I do not think this is a problem, but instead is a false positive. I'm checking into it though.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Barry Hayden
on May 3, 2010 at 5:30:01 pm

I have version 3 installed. I did not know there was a version 3.0.7 out yet, in relation to the firewall. I have been always using network Magic Pro on my network, but I did just change the router from a D-Link 825 to a CISCO Linksys WRT610N. So maybe the old D-Link routers firewall was blocking the autoupdater from downloading version 3.0.7 although it did allow. The autoupdater to update the particle, library without problem. So you think that Microsoft security essentials is just coming up with a false positive. And I should be good to install the new update
all the best for now

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 4, 2010 at 6:43:22 pm

FYI, if you scan your existing pIllusionRender.exe with Windows Security Essentials, it flags the same issue. It's a false positive.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Barry Hayden
on May 5, 2010 at 1:31:25 am

Hi Alan
Microsoft security essentials doesn't find any problem with version 3, which is what I'm using now and is working fine. It is only when I try to download version 3 .07. Then it shows a virus has been caught, whether I tried to just download it or download and install, which can be set in the updates options area. Anyway Is that something that Microsoft has two fix or is that something that wondertouch would fix in time, for the moment I'm very happy with version 3 it is an absolutely great program, which gives instant results and is very user friendly.
All best for now

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 5, 2010 at 2:42:05 am

I think it's very unlikely that you have version 3.0. Check the "about" screen for the exact version number.

If you do have 3.0, then you're missing out on dozens of bug fixes and new features.

It's only the pIRender file that is being flagged.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Barry Hayden
on May 5, 2010 at 3:01:59 am

Sorry you're right. I have version 3.0.4.1
thanks

Return to posts index

roy weston
on May 3, 2010 at 2:55:56 pm

I have the same issue.

ParticleIllusion Autoupdate is showing an update to pIllusion Render 3.0.7.

MS Security essentials is flagging this as containing Trojan:Win32/Anomaly.gen!A.

Return to posts index

Adam Pippin
on Jun 16, 2010 at 8:15:17 pm

I am also getting the same issue.

ParticleIllusion Autoupdate is showing an update to pIllusion Render 3.0.7.

MS Forefront is flagging it as containing Trojan:Win32/Anomaly.gen!A. I updated using the update client and my pIllusionRender no longer works at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]