FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to "Lock" Layer While Working on Other?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Knight
How to "Lock" Layer While Working on Other?
on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:09:26 pm

I searched the manual for "lock" and maybe I'm blowing a basic workflow know-how, but here goes:

Example:

Two particles overlaying each other, i.e. sparkles with enhancing glow behind them. They need to follow each other, so I have to edit their path points for desired effect. Same goes for blockers and the the like.

The problem is that sometimes one ends up clicking on the wrong particle or blocker path having to scroll around in the left hand pane to get back to highlighting the right one. This can get a bit tedious (slows work flow).

Q: Is there a way to lock one layer and/or particle or blocker/etc. -- or some facsimile work-around -- while still showing its path points so as to be able to do work on layers above or below it without this happening?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: How to "Lock" Layer While Working on Other?
on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:32:09 pm

If you r-click in the layers window you'll see some view options. You probably want to uncheck "current objects only".

You can't lock a layer or emitter. You can disable an emitter, but that won't help you I think.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
Re: How to "Lock" Layer While Working on Other?
on Mar 18, 2010 at 11:30:23 pm

OK, thanks. Part of all this is also just learning to get a sense of cursor sensitivity and so on. As well as using stage zoom.

Practice makes, well... better :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]