FORUMS: list search recent posts

About Fed Up With The Software

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clay Dempsey
About Fed Up With The Software
on Mar 14, 2010 at 2:51:30 am

I'm at my end with the software. I am trying to load an AVI file into the application, but receive a plethora of errors. The final error is movie bitmap not yet populated. Also I received a frame difference message, even though I just rendered a sample file in Vegas at 30fps. I had high hopes for using this, but the past 2 hours have been nothing short of agitating and time consuming. What am I doing wrong. My graphics card is a GForce7300LE so I know it should work with the software unless I am badly mistaken.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: About Fed Up With The Software
on Mar 14, 2010 at 5:06:41 pm

What codec are you rendering your AVI in? I suggest DivX or xvid, Huffyuv, or Lagarith. Make sure you're using an 8-bit codec too, not something that supports 16bpp or higher, which is unsupported in particleIllusion.

I've never seen the "movie bitmap not populated" error, so I expect it's related to the codec you're using.

You can always render as JPG image sequence and use that in particleIllusion.

You'll probably use the footage in particleIllusion as reference only, then remove it and do your final render of particles alone with alpha, for final compositing in Vegas.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
on Mar 20, 2010 at 5:56:29 am

"You'll probably use the footage in particleIllusion as reference only, then remove it and do your final render of particles alone with alpha, for final compositing in (your NLE)."

That's interesting, Alan! I had no idea you could do that. I have PI SE. Is that a feature of PI3 only?

Thanks,
Kurt.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 20, 2010 at 3:25:51 pm

No, you can do this in SE too.

The key is to save with an alpha channel. That means either choose PNG output, or choose an AVI codec that supports alpha, such as Lagarith or HuffYUV.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
on Mar 21, 2010 at 12:55:30 am

Aah, then that's very useful!

Thanks, Alan.

Kurt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved