FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to make object to move from one place to another but fast

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lazar catic
how to make object to move from one place to another but fast
on Feb 19, 2010 at 8:59:32 am

hi all can help me whit my problem how to move particle from one place to another but not instantly in soem moment of video and fast i can move it but instantly and slow :(

Help pls

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
Re: how to make object to move from one place to another but fast
on Mar 9, 2010 at 2:21:54 pm

Not sure what you mean (looks like English is not your first language :) but maybe this can help:

Speed of an object is determined by two things: actual position in image and the time it takes to get from point A to point B which are both determined by keyframes.

The longer the time (the larger the distance between keyframes), the slower the movement, and vice-versa. In the illustration below the symbol "]" means one key frame: there are 30 keyframes between A and B in the Slower example, and 5 in the Faster one.

Slower: Keyframe A ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Keyframe B
Faster: Keyframe A ]]]]] Keyframe B

So look in you key-frames below the image area, click on your "B" keyframe (destination) and drag it back a bit to be closer to your "A" (departure) point. That will make travel faster.

There are many other factors that affect the speed of particle that are in its properties such as Life and so on, but the above is the general video editing way to control speed over distance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]