FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emmiters

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
darren hilbert
Emmiters
on Feb 14, 2010 at 8:33:02 am

when are the next emmiters being released thanks and what style are they in this month

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
Re: Emmiters
on Feb 15, 2010 at 1:30:21 am

In the past, new libraries have sometimes been released as late as the 18th of the following month, so they're not "late" yet.

And things have been pretty hectic for the lads this past year, so I guess we just need to bide our time.

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
Hmmmmmm....
on Feb 19, 2010 at 12:31:31 am

Well, looks like I spoke too soon, Darren. Beginning to look like we won't be getting any more freebies from the gang.

Oh well, all good things must come to an end, sooner or later.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Hmmmmmm....
on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:16:14 am

Kurt and all -- unfortunately I've not been able to generate any emitters for January. We're putting the finishing touches on the Mac version of particleIllusion for After Effects and I just haven't had time.

There will be a February library though -- this was just a one-month hiatus. =)

Somebody mentioned user-created emitters. I'm definitely for that! If everybody sent me their one best emitter, I'd hopefully have dozens of great emitters to choose from. There are a few "rules" that have to be followed though, which makes it more difficult:

1) The emitter has to be different enough from existing emitters, or a major improvement over existing emitters. Subtle variations on old emitters are not good enough.

2) The emitter can't be based on a Pro Emitter, or if it is it needs to be drastically different and use different particle images.

3) The emitter must be yours to give.

4) You must be willing to share it with *everybody*

5) I have to approve the emitter (it has to be good).

If you have emitters that meet 1-4, please send them along (zipped) to support at wondertouch.com!

(reviewing emitters takes time too, but not as much as creating them)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
That's what I thought.
on Feb 19, 2010 at 11:34:55 am

No worries, Alan. Glad to know you'll still be making emitters in the future.

I might have a go at making some myself while you're occupied. Could be a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Kurt.

Return to posts index

Craig Cooper
on Feb 17, 2010 at 5:12:38 am

Way back there used to be a "user" emitter library. It would be nice to see what emitters some of us have created and would like to offer as a monthly library to take the pressure off PI guys.

Cheers Craig

Peace Talks Hamper War in Middle East

Return to posts index

Alex Proff
on Mar 8, 2010 at 9:17:15 am

Alan has uploaded one of my emitter libraries here

http://www.wondertouch.com/downloads/cnv_Lexpros_Energy_Weapons_iel.zip

and here

http://www.wondertouch.com/downloads/Lexpros_Energy_Weapons.zip

But I have done more, like the new phasers (ship's and sidearm) from the 2009 STAR TREK.

Shall I send them too?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]