FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blurry?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenna Miller
Blurry?
on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:31:58 am

I would like to render my project in Particle Illusion in the highest quality possible. I usually save it as and avi and then Microsoft MPEG-4 Vide Codec V1. And when I watch it after it is done, the video is extremely blurry. Is there any way for it to be clear? I have Particle Illusion 3.0

Return to posts index

Mats Lundgren
Re: Blurry?
on Nov 19, 2009 at 2:00:03 pm

Render it as *TGA or *PNG and then get into your NLE

Return to posts index

Jenna Miller
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:49:21 pm

I have tried rendering it as a sequence of png images. But I need it to be a movie because I am making an intro to a video i'm working on in Sony Vegas. What is NLE?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Nov 19, 2009 at 4:45:41 pm

Vegas can load image sequences.

If you need AVI, download the lossless "Lagarith" or "HuffYUV" codecs and use one of those. (Google them)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Mats Lundgren
on Nov 19, 2009 at 5:04:58 pm

NLE = Non Linear Editing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-linear_editing_system

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on Nov 19, 2009 at 5:43:16 pm

Here is a simple suggestion... because it happened to me! Go to vie/preferences and see what resolution you are using. Is it set to 720/480? If not, that could be your problem.

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
on Nov 25, 2009 at 9:19:12 pm

Jenna,

Good suggestions above. I use Vegas Pro 8c and have been using PNGs since v.6. Making sure your output and/or project resolution is large helps too. Case in point:

-- Since my usual style involves subtle effects such as mist, clouds and sparkles, I tend to render extra large so as to have the best resolution in Vegas.

--- This includes temporarily changing my system/desktop resolution to the highest it can go in right proportion. Then I clear the PI window of everything except the work or image area (move all particle tweaking and frame windows out of the way**) and render the PNGs.

(** This system resolution change and PI "clearing" may or may not be necessary. What matters most is what one's 100% size is.)

--- In my case, I only render the particles with alpha then put them on a track above the best BK footage in Vegas. One can do far more fine tuning of the appearance of particles that way.

It is very rare that I use a PI PNG sequence without some adjustments in Vegas, i.e sharpen, color, etc. (Hard for me to resist considering the slew of tools Vegas has - lol.)

On an other note: There are several members at the Sony Vegas Pro forum who use PI -- Grazie for one. Never hurts to frisbee in a question there too. My own username there is Soniclight, BTW.

Last, on PNG vs. AVI:

There is really not much difference between a folder full of PNG files or an AVI movie.Both are just containers for single frames.

Aside from codecs/compression options, the only difference is that one can't drag a folder of PNGs into Vegas as one can with an AVI. At least not in 8c :)

So, sure, it is a bit more of a hassle and PNG sequences are essentially uncompressed files which take up some space. But I'm more interested in getting the best results even though it also means going through the whole Import thing in Vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]