FORUMS: list search recent posts

Super Emitter, align to motion

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Casady
Super Emitter, align to motion
on Nov 10, 2009 at 11:50:17 pm

Hello,
I'm new to Particle Illusion and I have a question.

I'm trying to make a rotor wash effect and I wanted the effect to be as close to realistic as possible.

sample

So I've tried a few things in the SE version but was not happy with the results. I downloaded the trial version of 3.0 and saw potential in Super Particles. I got very close to what I want the waves to look like however I could not find a control to seal the deal.

Is there a way to align the Super Emitters based off the motion just like you would do for the particles themselves?

thanks for any help you can offer.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Super Emitter, align to motion
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:47:15 pm

I'm not sure what aligning the free emitters (the emitters that the super emitter creates) will do for you, as they're not visible. Can you post an image of your effect right now so I can see what the problem is?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Raymond Casady
Re: Super Emitter, align to motion
on Nov 13, 2009 at 5:13:02 pm

Hi Alan,
Sorry for the slow response. been a bit busy. I believe I misspoke at bit, being a new at this.

My problem was I made a line emitter with 3 points to create a slight arc.

So I attached this to a single point super emitter like you would find in the blank library. Unfortunately there was no way to make the arc that is being emitted move aligned to the motion.

Since I couldn't figure this out I just used circle emitters but as you can see from the image it is a bit to organized and un-natural. I'm still working on it so hopefully adding some overlapping ellipse should make it more natural looking.

Particle Illusion is a pretty great tool, been a huge help to me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]