FORUMS: list search recent posts

emitter ideas

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
emitter ideas
on Oct 7, 2009 at 11:32:07 pm

I need some ideas for emitters -- I'm really stuck this month. I'd prefer to improve existing emitters than to try and create completely new ideas right now, as I'm really short on time to work on these.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Ceira Peachy
Re: emitter ideas
on Oct 8, 2009 at 1:10:21 am

I'd like to see some improvments on lightning, mainly orce lightning.

My last lightning project,

I'd like to see improments mainly on the side view.

I also think we need some improved flame emitters, the pro emitters are mainly explosions. And I havn't seen any realistic flames yet.

Maybe some improved blood effects.

Return to posts index

Ceira Peachy
on Oct 8, 2009 at 1:22:52 am

I'd like to see this effect

I know we already ave effects that look kind alook like this. But i think it can be improved to look more like this.

Also would like to see an effect that looks kinda like this

And this

Return to posts index

Ra-ey Saleh
on Oct 8, 2009 at 4:40:22 am

Well, since you asked...

- Dizzy Stars or Birds (as if a cartoon character has been hit)
- Footprints/Handprints
- Another Heart Monitor effect

Just off the top of my head. Not sure if they're easy or not.
Hope this helps!

Ra-ey

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
on Oct 8, 2009 at 9:06:42 am

Alan, personally I think all the emitters are already versatile enough that users only need to apply a little lateral thinking to modify them if they want to. But hey, don't stop making them!! You're the man with the magic!

However, a lot of the emitters obviously are meant to look like they produce their own light, and that light would be visible on other objects on screen. I think the present "glow" emitters are a bit tricky to use for that purpose, and not entirely convincing. Maybe a more subtle "glower" that can be pulled into different shapes more easily, so that the glow of light from an emitter can be more accurately pasted to the objects near it, would be good.

Oh, and maybe if you could make that streaking "shooting star/spacejunk-burning-up emitter somebody mentioned a while back, (I tried but got nowhere), that would be fun, too.

Cheers,
Kurt.

Return to posts index

Steve Eubanks
on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:34:06 am

I'd love to see something more in bloodspats or bloodspurts. But even more there is a bloody handprint in our library and I'd like to also see a bloody footprint or as someone else mentioned in this thread various types of handprints or footprints.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Peter Friend
on Oct 10, 2009 at 7:28:37 am

spinning helicopter blades with a selectable viewing angle

bullet trails through water, leaving little trails of bubbles

a mushroom cloud atomic bomb explosion

clouds on a windy day, with selectable wind speed and cloud greyness

'300'-style blood splatters

Apologies if any of these already exist or are just too hard to do :)

Return to posts index

Ceira Peachy
on Oct 10, 2009 at 12:59:32 pm

We really need some new flames, none of the current flames look real.

I've created a semi realistic flame, but it can only be used in windows or in holes in a burning building, it can bed used on floors, walls, anything with a flat surface.

But you couldn't use this as a firebal or something.

We need some new blood spatter effects, like everyone else has pointed out.
We need a better effect for force lightning, and some other new lightning effects.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 10, 2009 at 2:57:47 pm

These are all great suggestions, but for the most part they're particle image projects, not emitter projects. Want better lightning? I need a wide variety of useful lightning images to use as sprites. Flames? Same thing -- need animated flames images. Footprints, handprints, blood splatter: all the same. Images.

I'm not an artist. I'm not a Photoshop master. I don't have access to 3D or other rendering tools to generate a lot of these images, nor do I have the time to do so.

So unfortunately, most of these suggested effects are going to have to wait until I can collaborate with an artist who can generate the images for me, or until *you* (anybody reading this) contributes images that I can work into emitters.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Ceira Peachy
on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:42:03 pm

That sucks, If I could do lightning myself I would.
To make hand/foot prints. You could try dipping your hand/foot in black paint and leaving a print ona paper. Scan in it, invert the color, make the black transparant. And you have a hand/foot print.

Here's my flame emitter:

I created it using Gimp auto animate with I-warp, and squirlz morph.

I think I deleted the gif and avi file, so is there a place I can upload the emitter?

Return to posts index

Ceira Peachy
on Oct 10, 2009 at 8:52:50 pm

Here are some lightning images I've created. There are 38, open the zip.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/10/7/2596024/Lightning%20zip.zip

Return to posts index

Ceira Peachy
on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:12:30 am

Just modify some of the flame emitter or something, it won't take long and people will probably be happy with it.

I just made one using a Fire Emitter, Water Emitter, and lightning emitter.

:)

Return to posts index

Mats Lundgren
on Oct 12, 2009 at 11:17:00 am

I think it would be nice to have something like exploding planets, falling leafs (fall then :)), better waving water emmitters, better blowing in the wind emitters, like grass and so on

Return to posts index

Peter Friend
on Oct 14, 2009 at 5:01:52 am

I see there are several oscilliscope emitters, but I don't see any seismograph-type emitters?

Return to posts index

Steve Douglas
on Oct 23, 2009 at 4:20:39 pm

I have had pi for a long time though I don't get to use it very often. It appears to me that so many of the new libraries look pretty much alike, same old, same old...we've got explosions galore, emitters that barely look like waterfalls, lots of fireworks and not much else. In the very first library there was a walking mouse. Never needed to use it but I would like more like that. Lets have actual characters/subjects....we already have a couple of fish and crab emitters that look a bit cartoonish but how about some realistic looking ones, sharks, whales, cars, animals of all sorts, waving grass, planes, reefs, real objects that could be inserted into a project. That's what I would like to see. There are a million background animation companies out there but none produce objects with alphas such as I mention that could be used in an app such as pi, Motion, AE. If they did, I think big money could be made. Not everyone can draw and create these type of animations using Maya and the like.
Steve

Steve Douglas

Return to posts index

Dave Navarro
on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:03:01 am

I'd like to see more instrument stuff. A better looking heart monitor, more realistic radar/sonar, etc...

Grunge is also an "in-thing" right now.

Return to posts index

Hugo Maciel
on Oct 21, 2010 at 7:19:04 pm

Hi Alan.

I guess i have an idea for you, for new emitters.
It is something about i has been waiting for years.
Whats about shooting impacts on the ground ( like on the sand, earth or metal), or on the wall, probabily on water (you have some splashes, but not looks like a shoot).
Regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]