FORUMS: list search recent posts

P1-3 on Dual Core - Seems to Only Use 1 Core

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Knight
P1-3 on Dual Core - Seems to Only Use 1 Core
on Sep 12, 2009 at 5:55:58 pm

My XP Home system allocates both cores for most of my other system intensive apps, such as Sony Vegas Pro 8. I.e. when rendering out a Vegas file, my GUI cpu meters show both cores in use in parallel at full tilt.

Not PI for some reason--and this is where I really need all the horsepower possible for it can get as slow as 2 fps at times in an ip3 file. This occurs even when setting PI to "Real Time" (highest priority) with Task Manager. As far as L2 cache, XP sets that automatically.

Q: Is there any way to work around this or is it something in PI that is not allowing full dual core allocation/use?

Note: While I have an albeit old dual-core (Pentium D) it's not that slow or out-dated, it just runs hotter than the new ones.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: P1-3 on Dual Core - Seems to Only Use 1 Core
on Sep 14, 2009 at 2:44:44 pm

No, pI3 does not take advantage of multiple processors.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
Re: P1-3 on Dual Core - Seems to Only Use 1 Core
on Sep 14, 2009 at 7:02:17 pm

Thanks for response.

Perhaps it's way to difficult to implement multi-core access unless one unless one is some multi-national corp. with a mega-millions budget for in A&R.

But it certainly would be something of great and practical value considering that PI is a sophisticated program that could benefit accessing all the horsepower possible, and that the general hardware industry is going in the multi-core direction.

IMO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]