FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with importing .avi in particle illusion 3.0.2

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Harkrider
Problem with importing .avi in particle illusion 3.0.2
on Sep 2, 2009 at 11:23:18 pm

I have video that was recorded using a Sony Handicam and then imported into my computer through Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0. When I watch the .avi files in WMP, its properties are 640x480 with the codec listed as DV Video Decoder. Ok, everything plays fine in Premiere Elements, WMP, etc., but when I try to bring it into Particle Illusion there are problems. First, in the explorer window for selecting the files, it shows 720x480 24bpp in the preview window, so I'm not sure if that is a problem or not, but when I select the file, I get the 29.97 framerate doesn't match PI's 30.00 warning. Continue, and it says that the size is too big and asks if I want to fill the viewer, so I choose yes. Now, it looks really "blocky" overall and plays at maybe half-speed when I try to play the clip. I've seen posts that said that the framerate shouldn't be a problem, but what's happening with mine?

Return to posts index

Ashley Harkrider
Re: Problem with importing .avi in particle illusion 3.0.2
on Sep 3, 2009 at 3:10:04 am

Ok, it's still slow and pixellated on screen, but I managed to do some pretty cool stuff to a short clip, and wanted to save it as an .avi so I could take it back into Premiere and see what it looked like. I can't seem to get anything but a blank screen .avi when I save the output. I've tried changing multiple settings in properties and all the different codecs, but as soon as I click on save after enetering the name of the output file, the screen goes full-size (if I don't already have it that way) and just turns black, and that's what is saved to the .avi files. What am I doing wrong? I'm all excited about this product, but can't seem to figure out the importing and exporting of .avi files! Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Ashley Harkrider
on Sep 3, 2009 at 4:43:10 am

Well, maybe I'm answering some of my own questions messing around with the program. I think I was just trying to import too big of files in the beginning, and although the smaller ones run a little slow it seems, I'm getting used to working with it. I decided to try and save the output as .png files and it worked, so I tried saving as an .avi again, and now it seems to work fine. I have no idea what I was doing wrong the first 20 times, but I saved a few .avi files and imported them into Premiere and they looked good.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 3, 2009 at 11:03:14 am

When you say the files you were trying to import were "too big", do you mean the resolution of the movie (1280x720, 720x480, etc.) or the length of the movie?

Also, 3.0.4a (aka 3.0.4.1) is the latest version. You should be using that, as there may be problems in 3.0.2 that have been fixed. Use the "check for updates" feature or download the update from our website.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Ashley Harkrider
on Sep 3, 2009 at 3:26:12 pm

I meant size as in length of clips (all of my clips are at 720x480) right now. I brought in a 30 minute video to use as the background, and it was really slow. When I bring in shorter clips (10 seconds or so), it's still slow, which is kind of annoying because when I take the video back into Premiere, all the emitters are moving extra fast. I'll just have to figure out how to adjust. I still don't understand why the video is slower in PI though. It really causes a lot of problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]