FORUMS: list search recent posts

A question about widescreen.

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Muller
A question about widescreen.
on Sep 2, 2009 at 9:58:43 am

Hi guys,

I've read a lot of the threads on this subject but if you could just put it into moron terms for me, I'd be very grateful.

I capture, edit, and burn my films to DVD in Premiere Elements 7. I've begun to shoot everything in widescreen, since my Canon MVX40i says it shoots real widescreen.

Okay, so I capture the footage, edit, and then I decide to take some of the shots into PI SE for adding particle effects.

Clicking on the little gray stage, and then selecting the widescreen scene, I only get a squeezed version of it. When I go ahead and apply a perticle effect, then save it to avi, it comes out unsqueezed okay, but now the particle effect is stretched.

So, in the simplest possible terms, please explain what I have to do to get that original widescreen footage into the stage at its original widescreen aspect, so that a particle effect will match the aspect?

Thanks,
Kurt.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: A question about widescreen.
on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:08:24 pm

Kurt,

You need to use the square pixel equivalent resolution in particleIllusion, as particleIllusion only supports square pixels at this time.

Do a "search" in this forum for "square pixel equivalent" and see if you find the answer.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
Re: A question about widescreen.
on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:26:38 am

Done, and done.

Thanks, Alan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]