FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI used to work fine, but now it crashes EVERY TIME on startup and freezes computer!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rogerio Araujo
PI used to work fine, but now it crashes EVERY TIME on startup and freezes computer!
on Aug 23, 2009 at 1:45:12 pm

Hello, I have a GEFORCE 7600 GS and Particle Illusion used to work perfectly in my pc for many years (my OS is Windows XP SP3), but now...

Everytime the program starts, after some seconds, it crashes and freezes the computer, and monitor goes black (like its turned off), after that I must reset the PC or it wont do anything.

I tried to update the video driver, and it didnt work. Still freezing pc screen and monitor going all black.

I think it is somehow related with the particles preview screen, because it works for some seconds and crashes, but when I minimize the program and maximize it again (so the preview screen isnt on) the program works fine, until the preview screen works again and it crashes.

I still dont understand why its happening...

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: PI used to work fine, but now it crashes EVERY TIME on startup and freezes computer!
on Aug 23, 2009 at 6:54:38 pm

Try the "run with software rendering" option. If that works, then it's definitely a video driver problem.

Sounds to me like something unrelated to particleIllusion though.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Rogerio Araujo
Re: PI used to work fine, but now it crashes EVERY TIME on startup and freezes computer!
on Aug 23, 2009 at 9:12:06 pm

I tried "run with software rendering", it worked (slowly) for 15 seconds then crashed again, some artifacts appeared on screen and after that monitor went black again.

I updated video driver (geforce 7600 GS) and still having same problem.

I dont know what to do, other 3D and graphic application dont present any problem.

Return to posts index

Rogerio Araujo
on Aug 23, 2009 at 9:24:34 pm

I tried "run with software rendering" option, it worked (slowly) for 15 seconds then it crashed again, it freezed and some artifacts appeared on screen, and then monitor went black. I had to "reset" again.

I realized that problem is related with the "particle preview" screen, where we can see the effects before aply them, when I disable that screen, the program works fine, but there´s no use if I can´t see the effect screen... :(

I updated the video driver and still didnt work...

:(

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 24, 2009 at 1:17:08 pm

How exactly did you disable the preview window? It's not possible to disable it. You can only disable the preview that's in the emitter properties dialog.

I suggest you uninstall then reinstall.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]