FORUMS: list search recent posts

iMovie4 vs Particle Illusion.

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Muller
iMovie4 vs Particle Illusion.
on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:00:51 am

Second question: I exported a movie clip from a movie project in Apple's iMovie4, saving it as a .tga image sequence.

When I tried to import the sequence into PI SE, I got an error message to say that that format wasn't supported.

Now, I'm pretty sure I read that .tga image sequences are supported, so why wouldn't it load?

Thanks.

Kurt.

(I tried to add this question to my earlier one, but I was past the time limit.)

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: iMovie4 vs Particle Illusion.
on Aug 19, 2009 at 9:08:25 am

Are you trying to load as background or as particles?

Theo

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
on Aug 19, 2009 at 10:47:35 pm

I'm trying to load it as background, Theo.

Kurt

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:05:32 pm

'I'm trying to load it as background, Theo.'

Then you better follow Alan's suggestion and export the movie as Quicktime.

Theo

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:39:05 pm

Yes, okay, I'll do that, Theo.

As I said to Alan, I already tried exporting it as a Quicktime in the Mac, but when I tried to play it on the PC, Quicktime didn't recognise it. Weird. I thought it might be something to do with the different OSs, but it's probably not that.

I'll give it another go.

Thanks, Theo.

Kurt.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:47:42 pm

I didn't realize you were using the Mac to create the movie, then trying to import it on a Windows machine. The Windows version does not support QuickTime.

I'm not sure why the TGA wouldn't be loaded -- send one of those TGA files to support at wondertouch dot com please.

Why don't you import the movie on Windows (using Movie Maker for instance)?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
on Aug 20, 2009 at 1:47:39 am

Sorry, Alan, I guess I should have mentioned that! Oops!

The reason I don't import the movie on my PC is that it doesn't have a video capture card. I use my eMac for movies. But it's pretty old now, and can't take any more upgrades.

That's why I'm getting a new PC with masses of RAM and a fast video capture card and huge graphics card and all the rest of it.

Thanks to PI, I've finally got an excuse to give to my wife when she asks, "You're not buying another computer are you??!!" I just show her a couple of PI emitters and she's sold! Haha!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:11:14 pm

Why aren't you saving it as a QuickTime movie in iMovie instead? The Mac versions of particleIllusion support QuickTime movies.

Are the TGA files being saved with a .TGA extension?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:05:35 pm

Actually, Alan, I did try saving it as a Quicktime file in the eMac. But QuickTime in Windows said that the file was in a format that Quicktime didn't understand. Strange.

The sequence that I saved in tga did show up with the correct .tga extension. I know sometimes Macs will not show extensions, with the result that other apps can't read them. But this time the extension was added. I thought mayeb it had something to do with the differences between Macs and PCs.

Alan, if you've got a second, may I take this opportunity to ask if you got my email about getting additional activations for my copy of SE? Reason I'm asking is that I've decided to get that new computer this week instead of next year, (want the best box I can get right now, since I got PI), and I want to make sure I've got spare activations available in case the new comp needs to be reloaded or sent back for whatever reason. Ny email explains what I did wrong the first time. All my fault, but I hope you can help me out. Keeping my finger over the Panic Button, I know.:)

Thanks,
Kurt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]