FORUMS: list search recent posts

Horrible background footage.

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Muller
Horrible background footage.
on Aug 17, 2009 at 12:04:02 am

Hi, guys.

I grabbed a short clip of footage out of my movie project in iMovie, and saved it to a .png file, then transferred that to my PC and tried to load it as a background in PIllusion.

I got an error message to the effect that the format is not recognised by PI.....!

So, I went and got the same clip, saved it as an .avi, and loaded it as background. But the picture was ghastly! Totally pixellated and it almost looked like a 32X32 jpg that had been enlarged to 256X256!

Not only that, but when I hit play in PI, every several frames, the footage seemed to pixelate even worse, until it ended.

I can't find anything in the manual to address the best way convert existing camera footage so that it looks good in PI. My attempt to convert it to a .png sequence obviously went wrong somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Horrible background footage.
on Aug 17, 2009 at 8:30:39 am

What kind of avi (which codec) did you make?

Theo

Return to posts index

Kurt Muller
Re: Horrible background footage.
on Aug 17, 2009 at 8:51:21 am

Theo, I have to admit I'm a moron when it comes to things like codecs etc.. Got a vague idea of what they're used for, but I'm not familiar with the various differences between them.

That said, I've since read another post here where someone was having a similar problem, and the Lagarith codec was recommended. So, I've downloaded it and will install it in the computer and see what happens.

And I just now found a site that explains all about them for dummies like me. Apparently, the codec one uses makes all the difference, (as you no doubt were going to say!) :)

Thanks for your response. Let me try the Lagarith and I'll see if it fixes the problem.

Cheers,
Kurt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]