FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering in SE

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kerry Cramer
Rendering in SE
on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:01:49 pm

Okay...so now my SE won't "save on output" past frame 2. I've looked at all of the settings, but nothing seems to be checked that shouldn't be and visa versa. It did render most of one project, but didn't quite finish it and hasn't even tried since then. I've tried all different formats, different settings, and different input media. And yes, I've restarted my computer many times. Any help would be appreciated...

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Rendering in SE
on Jul 16, 2009 at 2:21:43 pm

First things first: you have the "end" frame set to something other than 2, right?

Create a New project, 320x240. Do NOT add any emitters. Save as PNG sequence -- see if the entire sequence saves.

If it does, add an emitter and repeat.

Next step, increase the stage size to what you want.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Kerry Cramer
on Jul 16, 2009 at 7:46:03 pm

Each of those steps went normally...no hesitation or problems.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 16, 2009 at 8:49:53 pm

So what's the difference between the test setups and the real project you're trying to render?

Resolution is the same, output format is the same? (You've tried PNG output with your real project?)

Is it a motion blur setting?

Alan.

Return to posts index

Kerry Cramer
on Jul 16, 2009 at 11:22:52 pm

No, I never tried saving it in PNG...I was unfamiliar with that format. It appears to results in a series of stills, which, unless there is someway to recombined them into a video, wouldn't do me any good. I was attempting to save a 6 minute animation in WMV. The first time, it sort of worked (there was a band of anti-matter across the top of the WMV, which distorted anything that entered the area throughout the entire film)...I just miscalculated the number of frames, so it stopped early. When I tried it again - same settings or different settings - it won't go past frame 2. (Even if I set it to start at frame 10, it goes back to 2.)

And I don't know what a Blur Motion setting is or does. I haven't had the program long enough to sift through its many features. I'm trying to learn on the fly.

Kerry

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 16, 2009 at 11:41:12 pm

What are the start and end frame numbers you're using in the output options dialog? That determines the range of frames you'll output. If the end frame is 2, there's your problem.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Kerry Cramer
on Jul 17, 2009 at 12:48:21 am

No...my end frame is 10,761. The first time I did it I mistakenly used 10,671 and it worked fine, but cut off the end.

Kerry

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:12:27 am

Ok, there's your problem. 10,000 is the max.

Do you really have a 10,000 frame long single shot that you need particles in? Can you break your clip up into smaller sections? You'll get much better performance out of particleIllusion if you do.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Kerry Cramer
on Jul 23, 2009 at 8:27:00 pm

That has apparently been the problem the entire time...funny, it would not let me enter 11,000 frames or even 10,800 as an ending point, but it didn't complain about 10,761 so I just assumed that, if it would let me enter the number, it would process the film. Looking back I guess everything I tried that failed had more than 10,000 frames, so you solved another one. I figured it was something small - or in this case big - that I was overlooking. Thanks yet again for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]