FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting water???

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Cox
Shooting water???
on Jun 11, 2009 at 5:04:01 pm

I am new to PI3. I have read/watched all the tutorials I can find but not what I am looking for. I would search the archives but do not know the key words to use.
I want to replicate something like the shooting water at Epcot. i.e water going straight up and also water goung in an arc from one side of the screen to the other.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible with PI3 and, if so, either direct me to a tutorial or explain in simple terms how I can achieve this effect.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
George.

Return to posts index

Jack Evans
Re: Shooting water???
on Jun 16, 2009 at 10:53:01 pm

I would start by:

1. Add the blank emitter to the stage ("New Emitter" from the blank.IL3 library).

2. Right click on the emitter, and click Properties, which will bring up the emitter properties window.

3. Click on the particle in the tree on the right (labeled "New Particle Type" in the blank library).

4. In the Particles tab in the middle of the window, uncheck the box marked "Use emitter's emission angle and range".

5. Click on the "velocity" property in the tree on the left. In the Behavior tab, in the graph window, slide the value for frame 1 up to about 110.

6. Click on the "emission angle" property in the tree on the left (this didn't exist until you unchecked the box in step 4). Adjust the slider for frame one up to 90. You'll now have particles streaming straight up.

7. Add points at different frames to the emission angle, and adjust each point up or down, to make the stream go in arcs left or right.

On that last step, you'll have to experiment with different frames and angle values to get the look you want. I expect you'll also want to change the particle image. I'd look at the Water Faucet emitter in the water_01.IL3 library; that one works best if you set some motion blur.

I left out some basic how-to's in the above steps, but you ought to be able to pick up the basics from the tutorial docs that come with PI.

Hope that helps. :)

Return to posts index

George Cox
Re: Shooting water???
on Jun 22, 2009 at 12:24:32 pm

Thank you Jack, that has got me heading in the right direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]