FORUMS: list search recent posts

RARE problem with Particle Illusion

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bison
RARE problem with Particle Illusion
on Jun 9, 2009 at 7:14:57 pm

Hello. I'm new in Particle Illusion 3.0. I have read many articles about exporting the animation as an image sequence from Particle Illusion, and importing it then into Flash. The problem is...as follows: the whole exporting process for example into the *.png format isn't a problem at all. The problem comes up during importing the image sequence already in Flash. When I'm importing the sequence by clicking the first image of all (named as they should be "1.jpg, 2.jpg..."), the whole process ends, and then i get just 1 frame with OVERSIZED image. It's about 3 times larger than it should be. I've tried already with *.jpg format. No changes. The same thing happens during exporting the animation from Particle Illusion into the video file. The video resolution during exporting is set to for example 320x200, but when i open exported clip, i get much oversized view. The same as before - about 3 times oversized. It says it's still 320x240 anyway. I just can't figure it out what's wrong? Please help.

Thank You.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: RARE problem with Particle Illusion
on Jun 9, 2009 at 7:44:26 pm

You're saying this problem is in Flash when importing?

If so, it's the DPI of the particleIllusion-created images I think.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Michael Bison
on Jun 24, 2009 at 10:28:03 am

Yeah. It is the DPI problem indeed, but how to change the DPI in Particle Illusion?

The other way to solve the problem is for example: take the first image of a sequence, import it into Photoshop (it says it's scaled) - then it shows the DPI = 26, and when i try to change it, the image dimensions also change. Then I write the dimensions as I want them to be (now the DPI isn't changing), and it's done. But You gotta' be crazy if You want to do that with each image of a (for example) 240-frame sequence.

Need to change the DPI in Particle Illusion before exporting, or during the exporting process - but how?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 24, 2009 at 3:51:03 pm

You can't change the DPI info in particleIllusion. I suggest choosing a different format (not PNG). Can't you set Flash to ignore DPI somehow?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Damian Fernandez
on Jul 2, 2009 at 10:46:15 pm

U can makeimage process automatic with ACTIONS in Photoshop and only got to charge the folder with all images inside. u can change DPI and save the action, read photoshop manual about "actions" and "Automate" option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]