FORUMS: list search recent posts

Entering Atmosphere

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamie young
Entering Atmosphere
on Jun 7, 2009 at 7:13:18 pm

Ok so I have an animation of a ship flying through space, then it cuts to flying through the atmosphere, what I am looking for is a particle effect that I could place in front of the ship to giv that realistic look of flying or falling through the atmosphere. I believe most of the people here know what I am meaning. If anyone could help that would be great. I am currently going through my librarys but have found nothing yet.
Thanks.
Jamie.

Return to posts index

Jack Evans
Re: Entering Atmosphere
on Jun 11, 2009 at 11:01:05 pm

I think it depends on how much heat you want to simulate. I'd start with one of the "burning sword" emitters (from the July '06 library, IIRC), and turn off the sparks. You might have to change the weight over life so that the smok stays along the path of the ship instead of rising so quickly, but I think that's be an effective place to begin.

Return to posts index

Jamie Young
on Jun 13, 2009 at 7:54:41 pm

Thanks. where can I get the old library from.

Return to posts index

Jack Evans
on Jun 13, 2009 at 9:43:54 pm

If you've never downloaded it, you can get it by clicking on Check for Updates in the PI help menu; it'll show up in the list of free emitter libraries to download. The one I was referring to is named emitters_06_07. Once you download it from the update program, you should be able to bring it up with the Quick Load Library option from the libraries window.

Return to posts index

Clive Knowles
on Jul 11, 2009 at 12:25:00 am

There's an emitter ( user_00_05.iel ) that simulates what you want..the actual name of it is "Entering Atmosphere Fire" .
Hope it helps....it's in the library "Users, May 2000"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]