FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still having problems with Particle Illusion SE for Mac v2.03

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Morizio
Still having problems with Particle Illusion SE for Mac v2.03
on May 26, 2009 at 1:18:11 pm

I recently updated my copy of SE to 2.03, since I wasn't able to load any particle libraries other than the default library (I kept getting the Particle Properties box instead). Activation went well (as far as I could tell), the application opens, and it says that it's version 2.03. Now, however, when I right-click in the particle browser and click on "Load Library," nothing happens. I also can't open preferences, and auto update doesn't appear in the Help Menu.

I'm running OS 10.5.7 on 2.8GHz Quad-Core Zeon Mac.

Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Still having problems with Particle Illusion SE for Mac v2.03
on May 26, 2009 at 2:32:52 pm

Are you running any applications that modify all of your menus or other UI? I've forgotten what they're called... "haxies"? People were having trouble with this in older version of pIllusion on Mac, and they had to disable these UI changes for pIllusion. I can't remember more specifics as it was several years ago.

You can click the button bar above the library window for "Load Library".

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Michael Morizio
on May 26, 2009 at 3:04:38 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly. As far as I know I'm not running anything that modifies my menus, but it must be related to that, because I just found a workaround - clicking "Save Library as..." opens the Load Library dialog box, and I can open a library from there.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 26, 2009 at 3:30:40 pm

Are you sure you're running 2.0.3? When SE is running, use the "about particleIllusion" option in the menus to check the version number.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]