FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame size issue

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmet Reddy
frame size issue
on May 26, 2009 at 11:24:58 am

Hi I have just started using particle illusion and getting the correct frame size is a bit strange, i need it to be 1920 bye 1080 i have set this in project settings but when i want to save the movie the output size says limited to stage window so i zoom in to get the size i want, but when i open my movie a large part of it is cropped out, i just want my movie to be 1920 bye 1080 ive done it before, but now i think im doing something wrong any advice?

Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: frame size issue
on May 26, 2009 at 2:46:42 pm

Here's what you need to do if you're using particleIllusion 3.0:

1) Make sure you're using the latest version

2) Maximize the particleIllusion app window to fill your desktop.

3) Set stage size to 1920x1080 in project settings dialog

4) Make sure stage zoom is set to 100% when ready to render

5) pIRender will launch automatically if pI3 can't render a size that big itself.

If you're using particleIllusion SE, steps 1-4 are the same, but step 5 is:

5) Manually resize the stage window so it is large enough to fit the entire stage area at 100% zoom. If your desktop resolution isn't high enough to do this, then you can't render 1920x1080 with SE.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on May 27, 2009 at 10:34:49 am

Hi its me again, when you say render, i assume you mean save output?

I have done what you said i am using Particleillusion 3 not se and when i select make movie im zoomed in at 100% i have set stage on view as full screen i select save movie but it only goes to 1852x964?
What am i doing wrong?

Im working with two cinema apple cinema displays with a resolution of
1608x1050

Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 27, 2009 at 7:36:54 pm

Please check the version number. I'm pretty sure you're not using the latest version. If you were, pIllusionRender would launch to handle the large output resolution.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on May 29, 2009 at 11:42:53 am

My version is 3.0.1
I just want to check ''PI SE does not allow blocker, yes? My version has the blockers so i should be able to render at the frame size i want?

Anyway, I have converted my footage to 1024-576 and i can get PL to work for me at this frame size, so until i can figure out how to get the larger frame size to work, i will move on with some dismay to the smaller frame size, However if you have any other suggestions let me know.

Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 29, 2009 at 2:05:15 pm

3.0.4.1 is the latest. Check the "updates" section of the "downloads" page on our website.

Alan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]