FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fuse Effects in 04-01 library

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Wasserman
Fuse Effects in 04-01 library
on May 7, 2009 at 7:58:55 pm

I've been trying to figure out how the delay is done in the fuse effects and I just don't see it. I hope it's a complicated procedure because I'd hate to look dumb for not seeing something simple :)

There's a delay of about 60 frames between the time when the fuse starts to move and the sparks and smoke start to follow. I want to eliminate the fuse (powder) and have the sparks and smoke start immediately. I'm trying to do an effect where letters are burned into stone. Hiding the two fuses doesn't help.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Joe

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Fuse Effects in 04-01 library
on May 7, 2009 at 10:57:43 pm

Joe,

In the effect you mention (fuse 03a?), the smoke 'size over life' is zero until 65% of its life. And the 'size over life' of the sparks is zero until 88% of their life.

Hope this helps,

Theo

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 8, 2009 at 8:37:58 pm

Why not use one of the better emitters (I think) in emitters_07_06? The fuse emitter is only notable because of the fuse and delay -- if you don't want the fuse or the delay, there are better choices.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Joe Wasserman
on May 9, 2009 at 7:52:44 pm

Alan,

I did look at other effects and decided to use the smokey sparkler in the 04_01 library. It's very similar to the fuse effect and with some minor adjustments has worked out well.

Theo,

I looked at those settings and they don't appear to affect the delay between the fuse and the sparkles. But I'll keep at it just out of curiosity.

thanks again

Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]