FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Illusion Crashing

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keenan Taylor
Particle Illusion Crashing
on May 1, 2009 at 8:48:28 pm

I am having problems with Particle Illusion 3.0.8, I am in the middle of making the movie and when I change the Settings of an emitter (Color,size, etc...), I then go to apply it to my video, but when I click for it to apply on the frame, it takes a long time to do anything and says that the program is not responding, this does this every time. I have restarted the computer, cleaned the computer, still not working, its making me mad . The version I am using is only the trial version but have never had problems before this, my operating system is Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 with 1.83 GHZ of processing speed with the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.

Any help that could possibly solve my predicament, it would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Particle Illusion Crashing
on May 1, 2009 at 9:21:05 pm

Does this happen with any emitter you use, or a specific one only? What changes are you making?

I'm guessing that you're either:

1) working at a relatively high frame number. If you load your whole movie and then try to add an emitter 5 minutes into the movie, you're going to have problems. Break your movie into short clips that need the particle effects, add the effects to the short clips, then recombine in your editor.

2) making a change to the emitter that adds a HUGE number of particles. Maybe with an area emitter? Any emitter that is not a point emitter, I suggest cranking the "number" percentage down to 1 percent or so, then slowly raise it until you have the number of particles you want. Any emitter other than a point emitter (area, line, circle) will add more particles based on the area or length of the emitter.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Keenan Taylor
on May 4, 2009 at 5:35:12 pm

This problem happens when I use ANY emitter, the changes that I am making include; color, size, shape, also I am using the Blank Emitter to make an Xbox 360 logo emitter.

1) My frame # is currently at 1680, that is my whole movie in its entirety, its only a small little "Commercial" assignment, I have 12 emitters with 2 Blockers. I used a different layer to do a Body Blocker.

2) As for the emission of the emitters, the only thing that I am doing to is changing color I am not changing there default characteristics whatsoever.

To be brutally honest, I have NO idea what the hell I am doing with this thing, I took some online training courses, but other than that, I have no idea how to use this program.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 4, 2009 at 9:27:48 pm

As a test, try it without the blockers and see if it still crashes.

If it does still crash, remove any images or movies from the layers and try again.

Then remove images/movies AND blockers.

I'm guessing it's a blocker issue. If it still crashes with just emitters I'll be surprised.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]