FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emitter starting point fade out and end

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Ari
Emitter starting point fade out and end
on Mar 24, 2009 at 5:27:54 am

Some time I re-make existing emitters and get stuck. In PI 3 there are many emitters, I want to know how to make life longer, shorter or on some frame blank.

Example for existing emitter of PI 3: If emitter ends at 120 but I want it to end at 360 how could I make it longer?

Example for existing emitter of PI 3: If emitter ends at frame 360 but I want to end at 260 what should I do?

Example for existing emitter of PI 3: If emitter starts from frame 10 and from frame 30 to 45 I want it blank then
re-appear again and end at frame 360 in this what to do?

I know my question is lengthy but this is must I should learn. Please help and oblige.

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

Naveen Chawla
Re: Emitter starting point fade out and end
on Apr 19, 2009 at 7:22:48 pm

Hi Ann there's 3 ways depending on the type of effect you want. The "visibility" property allows you to fade out and fade in the emitter whenever you want it to. The "active" property (active/inactive) causes the emitter to disappear completely when you make it inactive, and it starts emitting from the beginning again when you make it active again. The "number" property allows you to animate the rate of particle emission, so you can make it zero when you want the emitter to disappear, but it does not disappear immediately like in the "active" property: the remaining particles which have already begun their life continue until their life is done, in this case. You would use whichever of the 3 ways gives you the effect you want at the time.

Return to posts index

Ann Ari
Re: Emitter starting point fade out and end
on Apr 20, 2009 at 3:50:49 am

Hi Naveen Chawla,

Thank you very much for detailed reply.
I appreciate it very much.

Are you senior user of PI 3?

Thank you

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>