FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using own images changing colors of Emitter

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Ari
Using own images changing colors of Emitter
on Mar 22, 2009 at 9:57:36 am

Hello,

Since I have been watching Alan Lorence's Tutorial and the Tutorial DVD by Elvis Deane about PI 3 I am learning and experimenting. I love their tutorials they are more than great.

While using PI 3 by opening Properties of the Emitter here we can change a lot of settings. I wonder if I use own image and change colors and click OK tab will I loose the original settings of the Emitter which I many not use again?

Or how could I prevent to lose original in the Emitter's library when I make changes in the property such as images/colors? In short I do not want to loose the original but want to make changes and see the effects for making new emitters.

I know my question is a confusing one but I hope some one will understand and reply PLEASE.

Thank you

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Using own images changing colors of Emitter
on Mar 23, 2009 at 10:18:45 pm

Always put the emitter on the stage first, then open the properties dialog for the stage emitter. This way you don't change the original emitter in the library. When you're finished, you can always use "add to library".

If you open the properties dialog for the library instead, you're making a permanent change to the emitters in the library. Sometimes you may want to do this, but I personally always change emitters on the stage and then "add to library" (and delete the original from the library if desired).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Ann Ari
Re: Using own images changing colors of Emitter
on Mar 24, 2009 at 5:19:15 am

Mr. Alan, I appreciate your reply and it remind me that you have mentioned the same in one of your tutorial.

After reading reply now I fully understand.

Thank you.

Ari

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]