FORUMS: list search recent posts

876x480 vs 1280x720

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reber Clark
876x480 vs 1280x720
on Mar 16, 2009 at 1:55:21 am

When I render an .avi with Lagarith (save alpha, remove black) with a stage size of 876x480 (and a removed background image/.avi) everything renders fine - PI FX are smooth and all lines up on my Vegas timeline with the background.

When I render an .avi with Lagarith (save alpha, remove black) with a stage size of 1280x720 (and a removed background image/.avi) I get severe flickering of the PI FX on the Vegas timeline.

I have tried HUFFYUV, I have made sure to REMOVE the background instead of just turning it off, I have the most current drivers for my video card (nVidia GeForce7900GS), I have tried saving the PI FX file and rendering it in PI Render outside of PI. I have rendered inside of PI with the stage zoomed to 100%.

Help!!

In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: 876x480 vs 1280x720
on Mar 23, 2009 at 10:24:11 pm

Is it because when you switch to 1280 x 720 pIRender is being used instead?

Have you maximized your pIllusion window (so app fills entire desktop) before rendering? This may allow the render to occur without pIRender.

You may need to switch pIRender to use software rendering, or update your video card drivers.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]