FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project not saving

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon McCalley
Project not saving
on Mar 6, 2009 at 12:10:24 am

I am running the demo for ParticleIllusionSE, and it won't save any of my project files. It says the demo is fully functional--is this true?

Return to posts index

Steve Stryker
Re: Project not saving
on Mar 7, 2009 at 2:36:53 am

It's been a while, but I think when I tried it, it did save.
What is it doing or not doing? Not to insult, but maybe it is saving to somplace you are not looking?

Sony Vegas, Particle Illusion, NOOB!

Return to posts index

Shannon McCalley
on Mar 7, 2009 at 2:50:02 pm

The save button is grayed out, so there is never a file made at all. I'm not sure it's a permissions issue, because I can save the libraries (indeed, I've been making do with doing my editing there!), but I get the idea it's supposed to be able to save actual projects...

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:20:52 pm

Yes, the demo should be able to save project files. (Note that this is not the same as "saving output" or rendering. To do that, click the red "save output" button.)

When you click the "save" button and the dialog opens, make sure that you've chosen a folder where you have write access (like "Documents" or "Desktop"), and type a short, simple filename for the project. See if that helps.

Also, make sure you're not using an old version of the demo. If you recently (in the last month) downloaded it directly from our site, you should have the latest.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Shannon McCalley
on Mar 9, 2009 at 3:00:13 pm

As far as I know, I have write permission--every other program saves fine, I can copy/paste things without trouble. ParticleIllusion itself makes video files of the particles just fine, and it can save the library file, but not the project file. I downloaded the demo last week.
Ah well. Thanks, though..
-Shannon

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 9, 2009 at 4:11:13 pm

Have you tried selecting all of the text in the filename edit box and typing something new? I wonder if there are some weird characters in there that are causing problems.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Shannon McCalley
on Mar 9, 2009 at 4:47:09 pm

Yeah, it normally comes up as 'untitled' and erasing the box and putting in new stuff doesn't change it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]