FORUMS: list search recent posts

Select Shape Frame?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Lyall
Select Shape Frame?
on Jan 30, 2009 at 7:23:13 am

Is it possible in PI3, where a multi-frame shape is loaded, to only display a single frame from it?

I have a PNG sequence consisting of 3 words, and I want to create 3 emitters, each of which shows a different frame.

I thought that the little buttons (highlighted) would do this, when anim speed is set to off, but I can only display the first frame.

I want to have 3 emitters visible, one showing word 1, another showing word 2, another showing word 3, and it would be nice to only create one emitter, and then alter the displayed frame to show whichever word I want to.

What are these little buttons for anyway? Is it in the manual? (without searching through all the tutorials).

Thanks
Richard

=================================
Richard Lyall
http://craftycurate.blogs.com

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Select Shape Frame?
on Jan 30, 2009 at 12:57:07 pm

Depending on what you want I have some suggestions:

You can have one emitter giving you particles that show either one of the words fulltime by setting the speed to OFF and check the RANDOM START FRAME

Or you can make one emitter, place it three times on the stage and simply replace the particle in each emitter with the word you like to have (instead of importing a multiframe particle).

Theo

Return to posts index

Richard Lyall
on Feb 1, 2009 at 10:17:11 pm

Thanks ... the Random Start Frame won't work for me, because I want to choose which word appears in each screen location.

I think I will have to create three emitters, which I was hoping to avoid because it means editing 3 lots of parameters if I want to make a change.

Thanks
Richard

=================================
Richard Lyall
http://craftycurate.blogs.com

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Feb 1, 2009 at 10:52:35 pm

I think you can do it with only one emitter with the first word. Give it all the settings you need. Place it three times on the stage and then replace only the word for the other two words. Thats all...

Theo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]