FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Do I Blur Particles in PI?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Ciavarella
How Do I Blur Particles in PI?
on Jan 24, 2009 at 8:22:18 am

I know about the 'motion blur' feature, but how do I blur certain layers a set amount (similar to blurring things in other programs, to create a telephoto lens effect by blurring the foreground and background accordingly)?

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: How Do I Blur Particles in PI?
on Jan 24, 2009 at 11:19:35 am

Motion blur is activated with Ctrl B. You can make adjustments to the motion blur in the Project Settings window (Alt P).

Theo

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 24, 2009 at 12:46:08 pm

Theo? David says he knows about motion blur, he's after stationary/static blur I guess that is global to all the particles?

David, I can't see a way at present, other than taking it BACK into your NLE and blurring there?

Grazie

Return to posts index

David Ciavarella
on Jan 24, 2009 at 12:51:14 pm

Okay, that's what I was afraid of... I can't seem to achieve the same level of clarity if I were to export the particles out on a 255 green backdrop and chromakey them onto the rest of the project compared to just doing it from PI itself.

But thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jan 24, 2009 at 3:48:41 pm

Ack! Don't Chromakey! Just choose an output format or codec that supports alpha channel and check the "save alpha" option.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

David Ciavarella
on Jan 25, 2009 at 1:20:56 am

Hmmm... interesting, I have very little experience with alpha channels and things of that nature.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]