FORUMS: list search recent posts

limiting Matrix Falls emiter to 4 letters

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenny Conway
limiting Matrix Falls emiter to 4 letters
on Jan 22, 2009 at 12:27:42 am

Hi,

I've been able to add specific symbols to the Matrix Falls emitter, but I am having trouble customizing it. I'm trying to limit it to 4 letters only, appearing randomly. I have added those letters to the library but can't figure out how to make all of them appear(and turn off the other random symbols). When I select Add, it adds one letter to replace the last one that had been added. Is it possible to limit it to specific letters that appear randomly?

Thanks!

Jenny

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: limiting Matrix Falls emiter to 4 letters
on Jan 22, 2009 at 2:36:06 pm

1) Name each of your image files as a sequence: image0001.jpg, image0002.jpg, etc.

2) When you add one of the images to particleIllusion's shape library, it will detect that it is part of a sequence, and will ask if you want to use the sequence. Answer "yes".

3) Once it's done importing, select it and "make active".

4) Make sure that the "random start frame" option is checked at the top of the "particles" page of the emitter properties dialog, and that the frame speed slider is set to "off" (the far left).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Jenny Conway
Re: limiting Matrix Falls emiter to 4 letters
on Jan 22, 2009 at 3:17:14 pm

Alan, thank you! This was really helpful and exactly what I was searching for. Thanks for the quick response.
Jenny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]