FORUMS: list search recent posts

plRenderBatch

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Cipriani
plRenderBatch
on Jan 16, 2009 at 6:27:58 pm

I like the product but the batch process leaves much to be desired. Having to import files one-by-one, no automated file naming and not being able to universally set the output are features that should be standard.

Check out Genetica seamless texture maker. They have one of the best batch rendering workflows I have ever seen. For me personally, I would be using the product so much more if was not for this.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: plRenderBatch
on Jan 16, 2009 at 8:31:52 pm

When I need to batch render projects, I usually just add the first project then save the file, open it my favorite text editor and make changes there.

I also only need to batch render maybe 3 times a year (at most).

I estimate that probably 90% or more of particleIllusion 3.0 users have never used the batch renderer. So it wasn't something we spent a lot of time on.

You can use some third-party batch renderers with particleIllusion (instead of pIRBatch). For instance, Frantic Films Software's Deadline.

pIRBatch just calls pIRender with the needed parameters, so any developer looking for a little project can go ahead and write their own batch front end for it.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]