FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to load particle images in order, not random

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sven I. Nilsen
How to load particle images in order, not random
on Jan 14, 2009 at 5:01:46 am

I have added a group of images as a particle's shape (10 images).
And I have carefully aligned a path for the emitter, where the images appear, zoom, rotate, shrink, and come to rest, one by another. Very beautiful it is, indeed.

I am new to PI, but realize that each image represents a particle instance. I have opted for "Random start frame", this makes several of my 10 images appear, which is almost what I am after.
However, what I really want is the images to appear in order, image01 first, then image02 and so on.
How can I achieve this? Is there a way at all?
Do I have to make a particle for each image? So that my emitter has 10 particles?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: How to load particle images in order, not random
on Jan 14, 2009 at 10:07:25 pm

So if I understand right, you want 1 particle created that starts with the first frame of your sequence, then the next particle created start with the second frame of your sequence, etc.?

If so, you can't do this. Either a particle uses the first frame of the sequence, or it uses a random frame.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Sven I. Nilsen
Re: How to load particle images in order, not random
on Jan 14, 2009 at 10:19:36 pm

So if I understand right, you want 1 particle created that starts with the first frame of your sequence, then the next particle created start with the second frame of your sequence, etc.?

Right

If so, you can't do this. Either a particle uses the first frame of the sequence, or it uses a random frame.

Yes, I realize this, each particle lives its own life and has no idea about what the other particles have done beforehand. Fair enough.
Still - I have seen video effects where images and video clips are being sprouted out along a line - with no [randomly generated] duplicates. How would you approach this task then, to avoid duplicates and to ensure that the image order is maintained?
Several particles, with an individual life line? Seems to be cumbersome to me..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]