FORUMS: list search recent posts

output changes dimensions of video

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Marlatt
output changes dimensions of video
on Nov 15, 2008 at 4:20:15 pm

When I output a 720x480 video with pI3 the video "squishes" up taller and narrower, although the properties for the video still say that it is at 720x480. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Kevin Marlatt
Re: output changes dimensions of video
on Nov 17, 2008 at 5:03:07 am

So, I gather from the posts about 16:9 videos, that pI3 changes rectangular pixels to square ones when outputting. Which would explain why my widescreen captures turn into 4:3 videos. I work with Pinnacle Studio 12 for editing. I happened to right click on a thumbnail when choosing a video to edit, and found out that there is an option to choose between aspect ratios of 4:3 or 16:9. If I highlight a thumbnail that is a 4:3 and choose to change it to 16:9 it opens as a widescreen video. Yay! So there is a work around that I wasn't aware of. There may be some loss of quality, I don't know, or can't tell.

So my wish list for pI4 would be that it doesn't change the aspect ratios of videos containing particle effects.

I also think that shape-able blockers, say, with curved or bezier points would be handy so you wouldn't have to make so many points to block a complex shape like a human.

Otherwise, I'm having a blast with pI3. Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]