FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing emitter color @ frame

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Torres
Changing emitter color @ frame
on Oct 11, 2008 at 7:07:24 pm

Hi folks,

Let's suppose I've one emitter on frame 50 as blue and at frame 100 I'd like to make it red. Is it possible to change an emitter color at specified frame? I didn't find a way to make it within the emiter's options or color tab option.

Any tip on it?

If it isn't possible, I'd like to leave it as suggestion to have an options like 'tint strength', but would be 'color replace'.

Cheers,
Luis

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Changing emitter color @ frame
on Oct 14, 2008 at 1:56:51 pm

There are 2 ways you can do this depending on how complex your emitter is. The first way is to make the particle type color gradients the first color you want, and the tint color the second. Then animate the "tint strength" when you want to the tint color to take over.

The other way is to use 2 different emitters. Step the number graph of the first one down to 0 to turn it off and add the 2nd emitter at the frame you want the color to change.

You may also be able to use the "use next color" option (in the colors page of the properties dialog), but that would take some trial and error to figure out the value to set it to.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Luis Torres
Re: Changing emitter color @ frame
on Oct 14, 2008 at 2:58:01 pm

Thanks for both tips Alan. They're good tips.

Alan, just as suggestion, you would add a Color Change in the emitter root as I've mentioned in the first post or in the Emitter properties window at properties tab, next to the 'Tint Color:', maybe you would add another gradient particles color life. So, we would set another different gradient sequence and when animating the "tint strength" we would change the emitter color with a life color change and not only the tint with one color life.

Cheers,
Luis.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]